Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Product Review: Havit Vertical Wireless Mouse

Yeah, I don't do this as a gneral rule. But, I'm a musician and writing, and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome has been a fear of my for decades. I've had problems with regular mice for years(hand cramping or part of the hand going numb), and finally decided it was time to try something else.

Now, I didn't want to spend much, so I thought I'd try one of the less pricey vertical mice. This one is from Havit, and it arrived yesterday. My old mouse was bothering me enough I left the coffee shop to get batteries, as it uses AAAs, where my old mouse used AAs.  But, for a pic of how it fits(from Amazon, but it's pretty accurate):



Yep, it lets my wrist work the mouse at its normal angle. After trying it with web browsing(the page back and forward buttons are placed a little high, but you won't hit them by mistake) and normal use, I decided to go for the big thing last night: how did it work for play? So I pulled up Grim Dawn, as that would let me test the mouse best of what I have.

And I have to say, I'm happy with it. My hand never cramped, my wrist never needed a break. So, if you're a righty and a susceptible to CTS, I gotta say this might be worth your money. There are vertical mice for lefties as well at some comparable price points, but I won't attest to those.


When you play Social Justice, the world loses.


No comments:

Post a Comment