Saturday, May 13, 2017

Well, there went the week.

This week has been a bit of a bust for me. I somehow injured my foot late last week(still unknown how), and have spent a good bit of time and energy recovering.  I unfortunately have also felt a bit of "meh" to reading for the week, which is really weird, though it might be turning around. 

Something that is going fairly well is that for the last three weeks, I've gotten some miniature painting done. I play Hordes from Privateer Press, specifically the Trollbloods.  I had gotten up to a reasonable army before the end of the last edition, but the edition changes have put me in a weird spot. Thankfully I have several models in backlog that I've been needing to paint, and one of my sticking points is that I won't play with an unpainted model. The paint job helps me ID what model/unit I'm looking at, and is a whole lot more entertaining to look at than bare metal/plastic.

Hopefully, I'll have a quick review set up sometime next week, and likely another comic book post(I'm thinking a crime pulp style this time). After that, once the Origins convention gets closer, I'll go through the geeklist on BoardgameGeek and discuss the games that I think might be notable.

I also need to read some Prince Valiant again, and just do a post on one volume, just to get started. This stuff is so overlooked it's shameful.

When you play Social Justice, the world loses.

No comments:

Post a Comment