Thursday, June 23, 2016

Looking for Periodicals, and an offer.

Those of us standing against Social Justice in SFF have very few current periodicals that are enjoyable. The two that I managed to get in on were SciPhi Journal and Cirsova, and I missed the Kickstarter for issue one of Cirsova(issue two is live now, go help them out).  I missed out on Skelos, and am trying to figure out how to get that one. I know of at least one other periodical that will likely suit my tastes coming up, but I can't find the interview on Castalia House currently.

So, here's the deal: I like short fiction, serialized fiction,  and poetry in SFF. I HATE SJW style work(if you haven't read my book reviews). Send me some information, and I'll go over it. If I get enough, I'll be happy to have a periodicals post ... periodically, and pop up another page with constant links.

Eligibility: Get me a website, a patreon, SOMETHING I can read; if you have a free sample, all the better. I can't throw money at you if I don't know you exist. DeFile will largely scoff at you. Black Gate might give you the time of day respectfully, but you'll be lost amid their sea of information.

I might not have much influence yet, but I am given to believe my influence is growing.  Let me help the cause of good SFF.

Current known actors:

SciPhi Journal

Cirsova Magazine

John C. Wright's Superluminary

Skelos Press

Superversivesf (on occasion)

I know this was a short post, but I believe it to be important.


When you play Social Justice, the world loses.

6 comments:

  1. To Mr. Nick Cole, while I love your writing, you're the wrong type of actor for this. Until you do some serialized fiction, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you like SFF poetry... congratulations on your good taste. I am a (sometimes) published poet (since 1989) and often write poems with SFF themes. I do usually resist the temptation to post the poems online since most poetry markets consider that previous publication.

    But I did something in a fantasy vein recently that I foolishly shared on my blog, which is linked here: https://myantimatterlife.wordpress.com/2015/05/17/becoming-a-dragonfly/

    Anyway, my friend 'Masha K' shared this blog post with me thinking I would be interested.

    Nissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out!

    " I know of at least one other periodical that will likely suit my tastes coming up, but I can't find the interview on Castalia House currently." Might you have been referring to Compelling Science Fiction and the interview I did with Joe Stetch?

    http://www.castaliahouse.com/interview-joe-stech-compelling-science-fiction/

    I really need to get around to reading their first issue; I've downloaded it, but with everything I've had come up, I just hadn't gotten to it yet. I think I saw that they've got the second issue about to come out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Compelling was what I was thinking. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Late to the party, but I reccomend checking some of the fiction listed at www.topwebfiction.com. The best one on there is Worm - a superhero story about a girl that controls insects. It was published in serial format but is now complete.

    ReplyDelete