Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Injustice Quick Reviews 2

Cower not, fierce reader! We have a fine selection of tomes for your perusal. I've either past my finish date by a while on these, or don't feel that it would be fair to review the book by itself, if you're wondering why there's no full review. I've decided to save Cicero for a separate review.

Souldancer by Brian Neiemier- If you read Nethereal, and haven't read this, honestly, get help. By help, I mean read this. Major crime: being smarter than the SJW readers  8/10 Fell deeds.

Honor at Stake by Declan Finn- This book is why I read the Pius trilogy. There's vampires, Vatican ninjas, and violence. Oh, and the characters have a bit of a complex about their dark sides. Major crime: Catholicism is good. 9/10  Fell deeds.

City of Salt by Robert Kroese- I've seen the "SF noir writer du jour" hype, entered one of his contests, and ended up with this. This feels like A Scanner Darkly, as far as the mindscrew goes. Major crime: distrust of government and corporation. 7/10 Fell deeds.

Beyond the Mist by Ben Zwycky- I actually read this before Nobility Among Us, and it was great. An adventure story about restoration and redemption. Major crime: mercy, and forgiveness 8/10 Fell deeds.

The End of the World as we Knew It by Nick Cole- Nick writes zombie books I want to read. I don't care for zombie stories, as a rule. But the characters are excellent, their journeys great, and there's a good measure of poignancy here.  Major crime- That one needs redemption for the past. 8/10 Fell deeds.

Iron Chamber of Memory by John C. Wright- Far from my first read of him. He's honestly moved into the spot of being my favorite living author. This book has faerie tales, lost love, deception, Arthurian knights, and more. Major crime: So many. It doesn't fit into any of the left's hate boxes. 10/10 Fell deeds.


When you play Social Justice, the world loses.

No comments:

Post a Comment