Monday, July 18, 2016

Reading slog and the wait to GenCon

I'm sure some folks are wondering why I haven't posted in a few days, and when the next book review will be(I've read they're entertaining.). So, here's my set of excuses and reasons for not being more productive.

1. Cicero's On Duty- I'm working my way through the new translation by Quintus Curtius, and it's very good. However, being a philosophy book, it's also a bit of a slog. I am working on it, and after that, I want to read a few more things, and then we'll likely see another quick review set.

2. Gameplay- Specifically, I've been playing Scythe from Stonemaier Games. It's a lot of fun, and really pretty, but I want enough plays to give a proper perspective. Also, I want to make sure I've gotten all the rules correct first.

3. Journeyman League- I also play Warmachine/Hordes, and my local area is in our first league since the new edition(which makes lots of stuff simpler). I need to do some more painting.

4. Vega Conflict- It's one of those fremium semi-casual games. There was an event this weekend, and I did better than I had in previous events. I like exploding spaceships.

5. Tossing ideas around in my head- I have an idea I need to write Diogenes Games about.  I need to develop it a bit beforehand, though. Also, I need to start looking into some fiction publishing ideas I've been thinking about(not necessarily my own).

Anyway, I've got a bit going on in my head, and haven't done enough on most of these fronts recently. These things are in addition to other life factors I'm not going to mention here, as they aren't related to anything on the blog. Just getting these written hopefully will help me get more moving.

Many thanks for all the support.

When you play Social Justice, the world loses.


No comments:

Post a Comment